Dulwich has very active academic societies and which all have regular speakers coming to present to boys. With central London on our doorstep with its outstanding universities, we also have access to some of the world’s leading academics. If boys are interested in a society which does not exist as a discrete subject, then they are encouraged to set up their own society or club.
Recent visiting speakers include:
- James Darley - Beyond Dulwich Day speaker - Teach First
- Shane Hegarty - Children's author of Darkmouth.
- Claudio Vera Fernandez - Teaching dance to Year 7s for Spanish Morning
- Juan Toledo - Talk to Year 12 Spanish students about pre-Colombian civilizations
- Ned Bennett, Director - Drama workshop about his play, Octoroon
- Louisa Beadel, Actor - Workshops on Private Peaceful (Lower School Play)
- Conn Iggulden - Author visit
- Catherine Sampson - Creative writing workshop for the WordSmiths group of creative writers
- Dr Rob Moon, Assistant Professor LSHTM - BioMedSoc talk
- Ben Dabby OA from Highgate School - Women as public moralists
- Natalia Byng form the NSPCC - assembly and workshops to Junior School boys
- Ian McCafferty, member of Monetary Policy Committee of the Bank of England - Monetary Policy and the UK economy
- Jake Warren from the Independent - Addressing the PolSoc - The DPRK
- Sarah Mussi - Lunchtime author visit
- Rupert Evans - Christian Union Easter Talk
- Tom Pope from the Institute for Fiscal Studies - Implications of the 2017 budget and the state of the public finances
- Ian Mursell, from Mexicolore - a talk and interactive workshop on Aztec and Mayan culture to all the Year 5 boys
- Dominic Cummings - Vote Leave, How the referendum was won
- Tom Stambollouian - FOREX trading and life as an FX trader
- Prof E J Milner-Gulland, Oxford Uni, Zoology Dept - Upper School biologists on the illegal wildlife trade
- Ian Tucker - Careers talk on 'Criminal Defence and Careers in Law'