Mentoring is widely recognised as an effective tool for enhancing career prospects and ensuring informed choice. The Mentoring Programme is offered to Dulwich College alumni and brings together mentors and mentees in purposeful, mutually rewarding relationships. It is designed to provide additional support for OAs as they progress through their careers.
Mentoring is a relationship usually between a less experienced person (the Mentee) and a more experienced person who can inspire and motivate the other person to succeed (the Mentor). It can be an extremely beneficial relationship which is based on mutual trust and respect. Mentors contribute to the personal and professional development of OAs by:
- Discussing their career choices and options with them
- Encouraging them to talk about their ambitions and hopes for the future
- Assisting them to identify their skills, abilities and qualities
- Building their confidence and assisting them to improve on their weaknesses
- Providing advice about job applications and CV writing
- Giving them an insight into a particular industry
Inspire excellence and build community. Join our mentoring programme and provide support, advice and career guidance to a fellow OA who will benefit from your unique experience and skills.
As an OA mentee, you will gain insights and advice that can help make your career aims a reality. Your mentor will share advice and personal experience, and help you build your network which in turn give you a new perspective on the possibilities open to you.
To be a part of this new initiative apply here.