In the Junior School we have an Excellence and Enrichment Programme which is designed to stretch, challenge and motivate all boys to achieve high standards across the curriculum.
Our aims for our Excellence & Enrichment & Extension Programmes are as follows:
- To provide an appropriate academic challenge, which enables each pupil to realise his full potential.
- To enable our pupils to work at a high cognitive level.
- To provide relevant and meaningful challenges which require deep thinking and creative learning.
- To provide our pupils with the opportunity to develop and extend specific skills or talents.
- To support pupils’ interests and talents through a varied and enriching co-curricular programme.
We are passionate about the opportunities our programme offers the boys and they fully engage with the inspiring and intellectually challenging activities with enthusiasm and excitement
The boys develop the skills that will stand them in good stead when they move to the Lower School at 11+. The boys benefit from an experienced teaching staff with specialist teachers to coach them on specific subjects. In addition to the wealth of knowledge they gain with us, the boys learn how to apply their own critical thinking, to be able organise themselves, to be confident and articulate, to take responsibility for their own learning and to be aspirational in their efforts. Lessons are structured to allow for an active participation in the learning process so that the boys discover how to explore subjects, ask questions and develop their own conclusions with the guidance and support of their teachers. We want boys to be excited about coming to school and aim to teach lessons that are stimulating, focused and ambitious.