Failure to observe these rules may lead to a temporary or permanent exclusion from the coach and fares cannot be refunded
- Normal school rules apply and the authority of the Prefects, Stewards and Senior Pupils applies on the coach.
- SMOKING is strictly forbidden.
- Pupils must only travel on their allocated coach and passes must be carried at all times.
- Should a pupil on occasion wish to bring a friend home or travel on a coach other than their own, permission must be sought in advance by parents from the Transport Office.
- Pupils may board or alight from the coach only at the designated stopping places and in an orderly way without pushing. They must never approach a moving coach. They must not attempt to join or leave the coach when, for example, it is brought to a halt at other places by traffic conditions.
- Tampering with any part of the coach or its equipment is forbidden.
- Boisterous or inappropriate behaviour towards fellow passengers or the public will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate behaviour or language towards drivers, or any attempt to distract them from driving, will not be tolerated and will lead to instant suspension from the coach.
- Musical instruments, games kit and other property are the responsibility of their owners. The coach company and the Foundation Schools' Coach Service cannot accept any liability for their loss or damage. Pupils should take care on every journey to make sure that they do not leave any property on the coach.
- Seat belts are fitted on all coaches and these must be worn AT ALL TIMES when the coach is moving and pupils must remain seated. Standing or moving in the aisle is strictly prohibited except when boarding and alighting from the coach. THE WEARING OF SEATBELTS ON COACHES IS THE LAW AND ANY DEVIATION FROM THIS RULE MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT EXCLUSION FROM COACH TRAVEL.
It is a parental responsibility to ensure that pupils have an approved procedure to follow in emergencies. This could be pupils returning home or travelling to school in some other way perhaps with a sibling or other responsible pupil on the same route. At all times the overriding consideration should be safety and for this reason it may be appropriate for pupils to have emergency funds and know how to use public telephones. It is also advisable that pupils carry the transport office's mobile number with them – 07712 924 999. This number is manned at all travel times and will provide assistance in cases of emergency.