City Heights E-ACT Academy
City Heights E-ACT Academy in Tulse Hill opened in September 2013.
We act as an educational partner to the Academy, providing support for its educational work and establishing links and activities that benefit both. The campuses are just two kilometres apart which supports regular interactions between staff and students.
Some of the ways we are developing our partnership:
Developing Teaching, Learning and Curriculum
- Our staff provide maths extension and Further Maths GCSE with College pupils acting as assistants.
- We facilitate creative writing sessions and encourage our Year 10 and 11 pupils to act as Learning Mentors for younger City Heights pupils.
- We provide fortnightly Science enrichment classes in our Laboratory for Gifted and Talented Year 9 and 10 pupils.
- We provide weekly football coaching on our pitches for Year 7 students in their PE lessons.
Developing the Language Provisions
- We provide Spanish GCSE oral tuition.
- We assist the assessment of native speakers of niche languages at GCSE level; including Italian, Japanese, Mandarin and Polish.
- City Heights students attend our International Day, celebrating their home countries alongside our Boarders. In 2019 10 students represented Portugal and Colombia.
- We hosted an MFL Language Conference for state and independent schools on behalf of City Heights E-ACT Academy.
Providing CPD (Career Professional Development)
- Opportunities are overseen by the College’s Staff Tutor. Our partnership provides two-way lesson observations for ideas, inspiration and peer support.
Providing Skilled Personnel
- Our Deputy Master External is a member of the Ambassadorial Advisory Group and a Trustee of E-ACT.
Developing Advice for Careers and Higher Education
- Our careers departments share professional contacts.
- We provide a consultancy service for City Heights staff, including a Year 11 students’ talk for post-16 options and arranging university talks.
Establishing Inter-Student Events
- City Heights students attended our International Day, enjoyed a joint athletics day and performed Portuguese music and drama on Founder's Day.
- Our annual Community Action Day saw 125 Dulwich students join City Heights students in a variety of sporting activities.
Academic and Co-Curricular Enrichment
- Our Art department supports teachers at City Heights with interim art evaluation and development visits.
- Our Year 13 students run a weekly basketball training session after school at City Heights for Year 7 students.
To learn more about our partnership with City Heights E-ACT Academy contact:
Dr Cameron Pyke
Deputy Master External