City Heights E-ACT Academy
City Heights E-ACT Academy in Tulse Hill opened in September 2013.
- Our staff provide maths extension and Further Maths GCSE with College pupils acting as assistants.
- We facilitate creative writing sessions and encourage our Year 10 and 11 pupils to act as Learning Mentors for younger City Heights pupils.
Developing the Language Provisions
- We provide Spanish GCSE oral tuition.
- We assist the assessment of native speakers of niche languages at GCSE level; including Italian, Japanese, Mandarin and Polish.
- City Heights students attend our International Day, celebrating their home countries alongside our Boarders. In 2019 10 students represented Portugal and Colombia.
- We hosted an MFL Language Conference for state and independent schools on behalf of City Heights E-ACT Academy.
Providing CPD (Career Professional Development)
- Opportunities are overseen by the College’s Staff Tutor. Our partnership provides two-way lesson observations for ideas, inspiration and peer support.
Providing Skilled Personnel
- Our Deputy Master External is a member of the Ambassadorial Advisory Group and a Trustee of E-ACT.
Developing Advice for Careers and Higher Education
- Our careers departments share professional contacts.
- We provide a consultancy service for City Heights staff, including a Year 11 students’ talk for post-16 options and arranging university talks.
Establishing Inter-Student Events
- City Heights students attended our International Day, enjoyed a joint athletics day and performed Portuguese music and drama on Founder's Day.
Academic and Co-Curricular Enrichment
- Our Art department supports teachers at City Heights with interim art evaluation and development visits.
To learn more about our partnership with City Heights E-ACT Academy contact:
Dr Cameron Pyke
Deputy Master External