The Nearly New Shop
The Friends of Dulwich College Nearly New Shop (NNS), is the perfect place to find all kinds of uniform basics, from shoes and trainers to blazers, trousers and current sports kit. The NNS is a proper shop, with the stock displayed on rails, and first time visitors are often surprised at how easy it is to browse and find a bargain.
The NNS serves a dual purpose for DUCKS and College parents. Firstly and most importantly, is a way to BUY spare items of uniform and kit at a reasonable price on the 3 or so times a month the shop is open. Secondly, it offers a chance to RECYCLE those outgrown uniform items which clutter up your cupboards. Stock is made up of donated items and unnamed lost property items which remain unclaimed after four weeks.
Everything in the NNS is sold “as seen”. New stock is always needed. Please click on the links on the right for information on donating or selling, and volunteering.
The operation of the NNS in current circumstances will be kept under review and dates may be subject to change or cancellation in accordance with the College’s Covid-19 Secure requirements
Michaelmas Term 2020 (Provisional)
- Saturday 19 September: 9am -1pm (extended opening hours for first opening)
- Saturday 10 October: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 14 November: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 12 December: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 16 January: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 27 February: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 20 March: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 24 April: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 15 May: 9.30am -12.30pm
- Saturday 19 June: 9.30am -12.30pm
A number of restrictions and protocols have to be in place to conform with Covid-Safe requirements, please observe the following guidelines:
- Please only visit if there are items you need urgently
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided and wear a face covering; we are following the rules for shops
- All customers will be asked to remain outside the shop, in a socially distanced queue, and will be served from a counter in the doorway. We anticipate high initial demand and there may be time queuing; we will monitor how things work and adjust if possible but we are having to operate with a number of limitations and ask for your patience
- To assist in finding suitable garments, please come prepared with a list to give to shop volunteers of items and sizes required, including measurements in inches - not all items have ages on them. Refunds or exchanges are not possible, so please have accurate measurements
- Volunteers will pick out the items and bring them outside where customers can decide if they wish to purchase them. Changing facilities are not available and trying on clothing isn’t possible. Unfortunately browsing in the shop is also not possible
- All purchases need to be made using card payment
- Please do not bring small children if at all possible
- Please note we only have the old style sports and PE kit available to sell. This can be worn until the end of this academic year (Summer Term 2021)
- Donations can be dropped off at the NNS when it is open; we would ask you to bag them and leave them as directed. They will be quarantined, cleaned and sorted before being added to stock. Please note that we no longer accept 50/50 donations.
Mrs A Spence
Mrs V Castaldi
Mr Larry Shearer and Mrs Fiona Bembridge
Mr Michel Dembinski
Mrs Francesca Rangoni