Making a legacy
- Decide on the Type of Legacy: Residuary, Pecuniary, Specific, Reversionary, Other.
- Complete and return a Pledge Form. This form is not a legal commitment and you can change your mind in the future. However, it is a simple way for you to express your wishes and having knowledge of legacies that have been pledged, helps us to plan for the future. It will also enable the school to thank you properly for your gift during your lifetime.
- Inform your Solicitor - If this is your first will, you simply need to ask your solicitor to insert a paragraph in your will detailing your wishes. If you already have a will, you can ask your solicitor to update it by adding a codicil. Rather than provide suggested wording, we strongly advise you to seek the advice of your solicitor who will be able to assist you.
- Confirmation and recognition – Once we have received your pledge form, we will contact you to confirm all the details, how the legacy will be used and how you want the school to recognize your gift.
- Getting advice – Please note that nothing stated on this website is intended to constitute legal advice by the Dulwich College Development Office. We strongly advise anyone wishing to make or update a will to seek independent professional advice from a solicitor.
- Further Information – If you would like to speak to someone at the College about leaving a gift in your will please contact Laurie Hindley, Director of Development on +44 (0)20 8299 9285 or email on email@example.com. We appreciate that your will is a very personal matter and assure you that all correspondence will be treated with sensitivity and in confidence.