The Dr Richard Penny Medical Centre
The Medical Centre is a purpose built facility opened in 1997 and named after Dr Richard Penny an Old Alleynian and a former Medical Officer to the College. The Medical Centre is open from 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday term time and Saturdays for sports fixtures. It is staffed by a highly skilled and dedicated health care team consisting of four registered nurses, a medical centre assistant and administration support. All are also first aid trained. The medical centre is always on hand and available to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your son’s health and wellbeing.
The medical centre staff strive to deliver evidence based best practice. We aim to:
- Listen and provide a safe respectful environment, that ensures appropriate confidentiality
- Use current evidence based guidelines such as NICE, Public Health England, to support our care and guide our practice
- We embrace the core outcomes of ‘Every Child Matters’ ( HM Government, 2004) and strive to ensure our boys are healthy, stay safe, enjoy and achieve, and make a positive contribution
- The boys wellbeing is central to our pastoral role and we achieve this through excellent communication and liaison with the teaching staff, parents and carers
- We have an important role in promoting healthy lifestyles and do provide a wealth of information and resources for the boys to access. Educating the boys’ aims to empower them to make sound and positive health life choices in the years ahead.
T: 020 8299 9269
F: 020 8299 9269