A reconstruction of P G Wodehouse’s (OA) writing room, from his home on Long Island, has been created in the exhibition area of the Wodehouse Library. On display are his desk, typewriter, pipe rack and tobacco tin among other items which were donated to the College by his widow.
The James Caird, the whaler in which Ernest Shackleton (OA) and five others travelled 800 miles to South Georgia in 1916, to raise the alarm, and organise a rescue for the 22 men stranded on Elephant Island, is on display in the North Cloister of the Barry buildings.
The Old Library at the Dulwich Common entrance to the College is dedicated to the memory of the 9 Old Alleynians who gave their lives in the Boer War.
The OAs killed in the First and Second World Wars are commemorated on the cross and stellae on the Front Lawn.
On display in the the Lower Hall are the portraits and medals of the seven Old Alleynians who have won the Victoria Cross and the one George Cross recipient. There is also a Book of Rememberance listing the Old Alleynians in the armed services who have given their lives since 1945.