The Southwark Teaching School Alliance brings together a broad group of primary schools and other educational institutions in Southwark to improve the experience of pupils and teachers across the borough.
Dulwich College's main focus in the alliance is to support educational research and development and teacher CPD, utilising innovative and up-to-date academic input from the Institute of Education, University of London.
In the academic year 2015-16 the College joined other STSA schools in piloting an Lesson Study as a form of CPD. The programme of training and development opportunities grows each year and the College has also hosted a number of Schools Direct teachers from other STSA schools for lesson observations and Alternative Educational Setting placements.
Members of the STSA (* denotes lead schools in the partnership):
- Charles Dickens Primary School*
- Crampton Primary School*
- Cathedral School of St Saviour and St Mary Overy
- Cherry Garden School
- Dulwich College Senior and Junior school
- Institute of Education, University of London
- John Donne Primary School
- John Ruskin Primary School
- London Borough of Southwark
- Surrey Square Primary School
- The Unicorn Theatre
- Evelina Hospital School